Tuesday, May 1, 2012

wheelbarrow...


hands on the keyboard, yet words will not spill out.
afraid of whining-complaining-ungratefulness
who loves a complainer-i don't

somewhere i have lost my vision.
my vision for God.  He just gently slipped away.
or did i?  yes, it was me.
He never walks off.  He sits quiet-still wondering when i will turn away from the wheelbarrow load of fears i like to push ahead of me.
the cargo is heavy.my arms are fatigued.my thighs burn.my heart pounds.
BUT i keep pushing, afraid to look up.  i could lose my focus and overturn my load.
i refuse to let go. i must somehow control the load with my own strength...alone.

He whispers gentle...i almost miss His words.

"Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and He saved them from their distress".
psalm 107:13

i leave my wagon load of fears on the side of the path.
i call out to Him...and wait for His answers.
hands open.  heart filled with a pinch of faith...knowing He is a promise keeper.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and heartfelt post! Loved your writing my friend and you too :)

    ReplyDelete